Saturday, June 18, 2011

God's provision and a little sunburn

Saturday morning I found myself awake, again well before 5 in the morning. I guess I obsess over projects not done and can't sleep (jet - lag could play a factor as well.) So, I got up and did some settling in and straightening up in my apartment before going back over to school to get ready for Monday. I spent quite a bit of time struggling with computer/projector/and hardware issues for Chapel. First I couldn't get any computer to work. Then, I couldn't get the DVD to work. Then, I couldn't get a projector to work. This photo is to show the new paint job at the school!
I was feeling a little stressed when Joel Anderson walked in and asked how it was all going. At that point I realized, God is in control and I need to trust hHim to help it all work. I placed a few phone calls and: #1 - Kazu (2nd grade teacher) came in special to help me get the computer and projector working. #2 - I found the correct DVD. #3 - I still have computer issues, but I was able to print what was needed for Monday! God is good. I need to quit trying to do things on my own power and rely on His! Once done, I stopped to appreciate the view from my classroom window.
Once my work was done, it was a nice day so I decided to walk to Zampa beach and have an "Amerika Dog" - a.k.a. a "donut dog" for lunch. It was a beautiful walk and I loved seeing the changes around me.The colors of the water and all the new beaches were very fun to see.
I still don't know what kind of tree this is, but it's fun.
After walking the 5 miles to the beach, I learned my favorite little bus/stand was all boarded up and closed. Sigh...and I was so looking forward to my lunch treat! I was also hungry, and realized that I had forgotten to put sunscreen on my legs! Uh - oh!

No comments: