Friday, June 17, 2011

11:00 PM Friday Night - June 17

Today has been a long day at school. I was up and ready to be in my office by 6:00 AM this morning. I wore my administrator hat from that time until I left (for the first time) at 5:00 this afternoon. I was able to meet the staff I will be working with and hopefully get us all oriented and ready to start the summer term on Monday. I found myself amazed by the amount of time it takes to weed through data, papers, and keep things organized. Between adding new students, getting correct keys to rooms, trying to answer questions in regards to things I didn't even know existed let - alone should be taken care of, a broken sewer line in the school, and many many computer issues . . . I think it was all taken care of.

I am grateful we start our days out with time together in devotions. How nice it is to get to pray and worship with the people I am working with. I woke up this morning thinking, "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." So, even though I think it was an absolutely beautiful day out, but I didn't get to go play in it, it was a wonderful day.

I was extremely grateful to someone for leaving a box of "Jimmy's" muffins on my door the night I arrived. I have eaten one (or two) for breakfast each morning. Today, I was going to walk to our new Family Mart to get an onigiri or bento for lunch (as I'm still quite low on groceries), but I knew I didn't have time to do that. I ran home to get another muffin, a coconut jello (with the nato de coco -- sp??), and an apple for lunch. Somehow between my apartment and school I lost the muffin. It kind of fit the trials of the day. Oh well.

At 5:00 Randy and Suellen Hadley took me out for dinner (Taco Rice) and I got home around 8:00. I went over to my classroom to be a 3rd grade teacher for a while.

Around 10:00 this evening I realized that I was probably glistening a bit more than usual. The typhoon they had about 3 weeks ago knocked out AC in much of the school, so I wasn't really in AC all day. Now I either have a heat rash of sorts, or bug/spider bites all over. Whatever the case, I'm itchy and ready for bed.

Not a very exciting or cultural blog tonight. Sorry. Oh -- I tried to download pictures, but I have errors. Perhaps tomorrow I can take some photos to upload.

No comments: