Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The First Day of School - "Double Dip Day"

The first day of school went pretty well! I have 6 wonderful third graders in my class, well, I had 7 on my list but it seems we had 3 students show up in the wrong classrooms yesterday. Mine was one of them, however, she actually went to the right class and was registered for the wrong one. The chaos of trying to figure out the errors in the afternoon was a little stressful, but hopefully just a one day error. In addition we had one little boy not get on the bus, so his mom had to come pick him up. Just confused messages. In spite of that, the day went pretty well!

To celebrate, a group of us went out to eat to celebrate. I stopped in my house quickly to change clothes before leaving and found this lovely little pet on my bathroom wall. The most disturbing part of that is the fact that I forgot to kill/catch it, so I know it is still somewhere in my house. Hmmmmm...

These are a few of the missionary staff that went out to celebrate.


Noriko has a VERY COOL little truck - - however, this is a standard Japanese "pick-up" truck.

At CoCo Curry!

My spinach curry. My goal was to try new things, so this was new. I got a level 2 and can safely say that I don't feel the need to try a level 3. 8 )


Chicken Cutlet Curry is what I usually get, but I enjoyed what I did get instead.



Not sure what the message on the boy's bathroom door is all about. I found it amusing.
Which button would you push? (Answer, to flush . . .none of the above. You use the handle on the right side).

My Double - Dip (for the price of one scoop) of "Blue Seal" ice cream. I got Ube (purple sweet potato) and Okinawa Sugar Cane. Yummy!!!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Yay for the healthier choice for curry - looks fabulous! (how did it taste?). Lovin' your OKI updates! :)

Amy said...

Yummy!