Tuesday, June 21, 2011

day 2 - a little slower so I have pictures.


The day starts with faculty devotions in the library.

The kids start their school day with chapel in two adjoining classrooms. We have several unexpected issues causing some shuffling at the school: 1. Typhoon knocked out AC in classrooms, so the rooms have been shuffled and moved around. #2 A sewer pipe is leaking/broken, so the kids cannot use the bathrooms ont he elementary side of the school. #3. The school is building a kitchen in the cafeteria (instead of using a trailor outside to cook in), so our cafeteria is out of commission - meaning no lunch in there, no chapel in there, and no usage of it for afternoon sessions. #4. Thanks to the construction in the cafeteria, the jack-hammers made it very hard for about 5 of our classes today. The teachers had to yell to be heard by students. It was not a very good educational situation.

My class. I was originally told I would have around 20 students. Then, it dropped to about 12, and now . . . I have 6! I have, by far, the smallest summer school class.

No comments: