Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A brief note to catch you up

I have done a poor job of posting since Saturday, so your update will be brief. I have MANY pictures of these days however. Perhaps I'll add them as time (and energy) allows.

Sunday was still a rather rainy day with the lingering effects of the typhoon. I went to church down at Central Baptist again with Max and Aidy. After church, Randy and Kathy picked me up and we went south to a part of the island I had never been.




We shopped at a big mall area and then found a small farmer's market/fish market out near a port of some sort. It was very interesting and a good test of my ability to read katakana and remember Japanese words. I didn't do so great, but Randy and Kathy believed what I said anyway. They are great sports like that.

For dinner that evening we went to a Jusco near the airport and just bought bento items to share. We had quite the spread. I broke down and had to buy a bag of Japanese Cheetoes! Yummy!! I also enjoyed some great edamame and another package of the black sesame dango, my new favorite treat!

After dinner, we picked Kathy's sister, Geni, up from the airport and I made it home by about 10 PM.

Yesterday, we another grey school day. As a matter of fact, it was a smooth - running day. No big adventures at all. We took the students to a bowling alley in Mihama for the afternoon. Believe it or not (with the cheating help of the bumper rails) I got the third highest score of anyone there! That's a record, but it shouldn't count. Sadder still is the fact that I didn't even do all that well: 86 one game and 132 the next.



After school, I went for a walk along highway 12. I walked all the way out to 58 and then back to school along 6. I stopped in most Family Mart's and learned that they now see some basic "Muji" items. I also saw a sign that said "Charlie Henderson" - - something in katagana. I kind of think it might of said school - or study - or something. I regret not taking a picture of that so someone could tell me what it says, for sure. I guess I should just facebook Charlie to ask him!

No comments: