Monday, June 20, 2011

Central Baptist Church and Fish Tempura (AKA Donut Fish)

Yesterday, I called Max and Aidy Cruzado and asked if I could ride with them to church. Little did I know when I got to Central that most of the people remaining in their congregation would be people that knew me already. It felt like coming home in many ways.

After church, I met up with my friends Randy and Kathy Fagan where we spent the afternoon just wandering around Jusco. While at Jusco I ran into Hiromu Migita, then Ayumu Migita, and finally Lisa Metz! Who would have thought I would randomly run into three former students, on Father's Day, in Jusco. It was so fun to catch up with them. I was so impressed with the young adults they have all become and so honored to have them come to find me. I was so upset that I had forgotten my camera! I hope to see them all again while I am here.

To end the evening, we stopped off down at the Yomitan Marina - the restaurant down there - and I ordered some fish tempura to go. Aaah, the memories!

I am having a terrible time remembering to take my camera or take pictures if I do have it. Hopefully I will improve next week!

No comments: