Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wednesday, June27

Phew! I forgot how tired little people can make a person, when you combine that with heat and humidity. I had playground duty yesterday, and I tell you, I was absolutely exhausted by 11:30 in the morning. I snuck a nap from about 1 - 2 in the afternoon. I was beat. I had to force myself to get out of bed at 2, but I am glad I did. Max Cruzado came over to take a group of us snorkeling out at the new Maeda Point. The water was nice and calm and we saw lots of fish (bat fish, parrot fish, angel fish . . .the list is long and colorful!), starfish, squid, shells, cucumbers. . . When you snorkel with Max you see all sorts of things. I told him as he was taking us home, "I feel like snorkeling with you is kind of like walking with Jesus. When we are in the water, as long as I can see you somewhere, I never worry. When we live our life, I always know that Jesus is with me, so I also never need to worry."

We had another missionary potluck last night and then watched a Chonda Pierce video in the library as our "Bible Study." This maybe isn't as intellectual as we are used to, but with all the people leaving and packing right now nobody had time to plan anything else. I was glad that I brought my DVDs along to share with people.

Summer School yesterday went much better than my first day. However, chapel did NOT go well. We couldn't get the sound system to pick up the DVD I had prepared. We turned off the air conditioner and the kids all sat nice and quietly, but they just couldn't hear anything. We tried everything to get it to work, but . . . it didn't. It is tough to have to switch plans mid -stream, but I think that we will make it. I will try to help some students pull the play together for live performances. Sorry to my Bible Study crew at home - - we tried!

Today, I asked people to pray that chapel would go well and it did. It will take some effort to get the middle school and 5th grade students to enjoy it, but I hope and pray that they will. I will give them time.

I don't know what is on the agenda for the rest of the day. I do, however, know that I am not nearly as exhausted as I was yesterday. The missing worksheet master has been located so I probably should spend some time in my classroom looking through that, but . . .lunch first! I thank you all for your interest in my blog. I appreciate your prayers more than you know. Keep praying for chapel, if you would. I just want those kids to understand it!

No comments: