Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday, June 21

Hello from Sunny Okinawa!

Yesterday, the weather was so beautiful that I gave up trying to work at school around noon. The frustration of trying to track down a CD player for chapel use, and then finding one that actually worked, proved to be more than I wanted to deal with yesterday. I went home for lunch and decided to go for a walk. I wore just some plastic flip-flops because I truly felt I would end up down at the beach down the hill. Well, 5 KM later I found myself at the Alivila Hotel. I was able to buy some postcards there, and then I walked home along/in the ocean the rest of the way. I wish I had my camera with me because it was beautiful. I found a lot of beaches that I never knew existed when I lived there. It was a lot of fun. However, when I got home after that I was beat and didn't accomplish much the rest of the day.

Today, the weather is great again. Some friends of mine from Kadena Chapel 2, Randy and Kathy Fagan, picked me up and are taking me on some outings today. We are currently "wasting some time" at the library on base. I am happy though because I was able to upload some pictures. I guess we will be going to a beach later today and if I am really good I might be able to talk them into doing some Karaoke this evening. Time will tell. I have all day tomorrow at school, right?

No comments: