Monday, June 18, 2007

Tuesday, June19th

The sun is shining as I write this. It hasn't been shining all day, but it is now. Rumor has it that we have ended the rainy season and will probably see quite a bit of sun in the days to come. That sounds good to me.

I found out today that I will be teaching 2nd grade for the first couple weeks of summer school. The slotted teacher, had a family emergency and had to fly home to the states. I am glad that I am here to cover for her. I haven't started to look at my materials yet, but I will hopefully get to that later today. I spent the morning programing the chapel computer for our chapel songs and Bible verses. Now, I am waiting in the teacher's lounge to go to lunch. There is no shortage of food here!

By they way, I don't know how many of you have been to the school, but the entire "Elephant Cage" no longer exists. It was kind of here when I first got on island, but two days later there was an empty lot. I will try to walk up to the grounds and take some pictures today.

No big plans for this afternoon. There is an apartment picnic planned for the evening, but I will probably continue to work at school this afternoon.

Hope all is going well for each of you. I am happily staying busy here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!? No more Elephant cage? I knew the day would come but it doesn't seem like it would be Yomitan without that landmark.

Amy said...

I went for a walk today, and forgot to take my camera with me. Now they have some big japanese signs with a lot of directions, then in English at the bottom they wrote 'Thank you for your cooperation'. So, up at the cage I know I am supposed to do something. Who knows what?