Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Wednesday, June 20

Another sunny day here on Okinawa! Yesterday, I was unable to get everything done at school that I wanted. I was here almost all day. Lisa Sorely took Kathleen and I out to lunch and then hijacked us to go to Naval Kadena's 100 yen store. Of course I went kicking and screaming (kidding! Everyone loves 100 yen stores.) I did a much better job this time around of not buying all sorts of junk and presents for people. I bought things I needed for my apartment this summer and a few treats for my classroom next year. Other than that, no extras. Phew . . . my box to ship home gets bigger and bigger each day. Did I mention that I found a whole bunch of curriculum that I wrote a while ago. I know that it is far too heavy for me to bring home in a suitcase, so I will have to ship it. I haven't bought as much as it sounds like I bought, but it feels like it.

The missionary picnic was a lot of fun. They got a fire pit permit and we were able to spend most of the evening socializing out by out fire pit. Some of the newer missionaries bought fire works and set them off. It really was an enjoyable evening.

Today, I am back at school again. This time, I am hoping to finish the activities that I didn't get done yesterday. I have tracked down my old stereo (I think) so I need to go dig that out of storage for use in chapel next week. I am officially, 100%, a 2nd grade teacher this summer. I truly need to spend some time in my classroom getting that ready and making some lesson plans. In my spare time, I am busy making 120 wordless books to give to the kids at chapel. I am not presenting the book until the middle of July, but I know that making 120 books will take me a LONG time. It is brainless work though, so I can do it while doing other things (watching a movie, talking with people) at home.

However, since it is such a nice day, I am hoping to walk down to the beach today. I might have to go alone, but it is too nice to stay inside working all day! I have nothing big planned all day, so I can go as opportunities present themself.

Picture update. I have learned that I cannot get any photos off my camera here at school. They have a block on the network, so I cannot download them. So, until I get to a different place to download to a CD, the pictures you have are the only ones I can give you.

No comments: