Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tueday, June 12th

TODAY! I am finally almost current with what is going on. It feels good. I have been so busy trying to fix internet issues, tablet issues, and running around that I haven't posted or even been taking pictures lately. I know those times will come, but for now, here is what I have to offer you: This morning, between downpours of rain, I managed to take a walk down to Max Value (the old Primart) and around to the old Royal Restaurant and back up to school. I also manged to get lost on some new roads up in the sugar cane fields near the school. Max Cruzado saw me walking and decided to pick me up and bring me back. By that time, I knew where I was and was already heading back to school, but I accepted the ride anyway. It was fun to catch up a little more with him. We got back to the school just in time for Praise and Worship. This was the official last day of school, so they had parties, food, and a lot of praises to share today. I talked some with the current elementary principal and was asked if I would consider coordinating chapel for summer school this year. This lead to a search of some storage to find some of my old materials here. Surprisingly - - no, not surprisingly - I should have known God would take care things. I'll start that sentence over again. Because God was directing the whole ordeal, I was able to find materials that everyone believed was long gone in a matter of three minutes. I then had the framework for a chapel program. By that time it was pouring rain, well after 9 AM, and the faculty lounge where I was gathering materials was getting pretty full. I opted to go "home" to Janice and see if she had desires for her day. We still had no hot water for showers, but my oatmeall was very tasty by that time so I didn't mind. Because Janice had more work to do with the office ladies and I had all the planning for chapel to put together, we actually spent all day at school. I had a planning meeting for summer school at 2:15. I still have a lot of gaps to fill in on the chapel schedule, but I pray that God will use the program to grow the kids up in Him, or even lead them to Him for the first time. We opted to use an old musical I directed years ago called "Promise U". It is about some of God's faithful followers and how He has always taken care of them and honored all of His promises. The students will learn the history of some of the pillars of our faith and they will learn about God's promises. I will need to use some down moments in the coming week to build up the entire program to work for chapel instead of as a musical. It appears that this chapel program will be for kids 1st grade - 7th grade! That's quite an age span, so I pray we can meet the needs of all. The faculty seems very supportive and helpful this so with their help I know all will be pulled off in a way that will bring God honor. We were invited up to Randy and Suellen Hadley's for dinner tonight. It was a nice evening of memories and catching up. It was also an evening of recruitment attempts for Joel Anderson and Randy. I think I was offered a music position here at the school about 3 times. It wasn't the high pressure sales pitch of the Chinese, but alas. . . there is always some pressure. I just continue to trust that He will indeed lead me and give me wisdom to know where He wants me serving - - right now, I still firmly believe there is a reason for me to be in Silver Bay most of the year (and it isn't just because I like the wide open spaces and the lack of traffic!)

No comments: