Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday, June 17th

This morning I was up early enough to go for a walk before church. I walked or biked over to a little river walk that Janice had pointed out to me earlier in the week. I was excited to explore and look around, but once I started walking, I realized not very many people had taken that trail recently. There were spider webs all across the walk. I had to avoid fist sized banana spiders and be careful of what was falling around me. Next time (if there is one) I will surely wear a hat while walking there! By the time I was done walking, I was completed wrapped in spider webs. I was gross! Later in the morning, I was able to catch a ride with Max and Aidy to Central Baptist Church on Sunday. It was wonderful to reconnect with old friends and worship in my old church home again. After church, Cruzados took Evin Lloyd (another OCSI teacher) and I to an Okinawan restaurant near church. It was a sunny, beautiful, and hot day - but I wanted soba (which means hot soup) down here! It was wonderful. Once returning back to OCSI I walked down the hill to a little beach. The plan was for me to pick up some fresh produce at a little market down the hil, then walk over to meet up with Janice at the beach. There was a funeral across the way at the Seraen Center, so traffic was terrible! I didn't really even think I would be able to cross the street. Finally, I realized, I am just going to have to cross when the traffic is at a stand-still. That's what I did. I got my produce and then wandered the back roads - and beach - in order to make my way to the spot I told Janice to meet me. We finally did meet up. She did some playing in the water and I just enjoyed relaxing and watching the blue skys and listening to the waves. Most excitng, was the fact that the red rubber bands and an improved pair of flip - flops made another appearance today. After a little clean up (on Janice's part. I opted to go out again all sticky and yucky) Janice wanted to hike the hija river walk. I had never done that, so I was game. What a beautiful park/walk area. I will definitely have to go there again After our walk, Janice suggesting watching the sunset and spending some time in prayer at Toguchi Beach. Even though we were worried that we might miss the sun, we opted to give it a try. Well worth the time. It was a full day and we were grateful to return home to have some dinner before crashing into our beds. I think we may have been awake at 10 PM still, but not much later! Oh, and typhoon update. The typhoon is named "Butchoy " - - my favorite one to say, or "Guchol". It was upgraded to "Super Typhoon" status - category 4. It is supposed to hit tomorrow afternoon, so we spent some time typhoon - proofing the balcony before bed.

No comments: