Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Monday, June 11th

I think I was so excited to be back on the island that I didn't sleep very well, or long. I knew I didn't want to miss devotions at school that morning so I was up and moving by about 4 AM. I decided to make the most of some relatively dry moments (rain is forcast for most of the week as a typhoon is in the area) and I walked up to Zakimi Castle and around on 6 back to the school. I thought I would watch the sunrise from up there, but alas. . . the sun never came up. Well, it came up, but I sure didn't see it! It was a great - humid - walk none-the-less. Upon returning back to our apartment, Janice was up and stiring. In the process of getting ready, we learned that we have no hot water in the guest apartment. My shower was pretty fast this morning! We were, however, able to make it over to devotions and catch up with all of our old friends and new friends at school. It was such a blessing to just catch up with everyone. We spent quite a bit of time just refreshing relationships and trying to get my table to cooperate with some stuff here. Thankfully, the computer expert at the school was able to help me out! Phew! About mid morning, Janice and I borrowed Lisa's car (as she was still in school) to hit some 100 yen shops! That evening, Lisa drove us to a Japanese/Chinese restaurant for dinner. I was asleep by 8 PM!!!!

No comments: