Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thursday - One more day of administration remaining!

My third graders are all writing paragraphs about where they live, their families, and what they like to do. I am putting them together so we can have a little book to remember everyone by. I thought I'd share a little with you too.

Reibi - Reibi has lived in California, but is much more fluent in Japanese.

Himari - my ballarina. She has lived in Hawaii, but again lives and speaks primarily Japanese at home. Her dad has to travel for his job a lot.

Mai - Mai is very quiet and loves to read. She is one of few Japanese students that comes from a Christian family. She says her family reads the Bible together each night.

Keito - my poor, only male, student. He is very quiet and good natured. He knows how to use soloban (abicus) and enjoys taking extra Kumon classes. He also speaks primarily Japanese.

Mihyrea - Mihyrea is eager to answer almost any question posed to the class, yet she is meek and mild. She is anxious to give me a morning "high five" each day. She usually has a great smile to share with the class. Also, primarily a Japanse speaker.

Ayaka - Ayaka seems to have a story for everything. Ayaka seems to enjoy everything from piano, to extra kumon classes, to gymnastics. She is quick with responses, as long as she is paying attention. You know . . .ALL of my students speak mostly Japanese, so I'm done adding that comment. Ayaka wanted her picture taken with the croc poster...

Kirari - Kirari is my newest student. She is one of a handful of students that has flown down to Okinawa from the mainland of Japan in order to attend summer school. She had just finished second grade, but when tested we determined it would be better to place her with our second graders. She has amazing listening, comprehension, and English skills.

After school on Thursday, I rode my bike to the beach with Alyssa Goodwin. We couldn't stay long because I was getting company and she had to get to class, but it was a perfectly beautiful day. This beach is just minutes from the school. Not the perfect swimming beach, but sufficient to get wet and relax while enjoying God's creation.




I had Max, Aidy, and Hazel Cruzado over for dinner tonight. I also had Joel Anderson and a newer missionary, Amber, come as well. We enjoyed a fun evening of some fellowship. When Gail Anderson was done with her activities at church, she was able to join us for a while as well. Hazel, Aidy, and Joel did my dishes for me while I was showing some pictures to Max!

No comments: