Friday, July 8, 2011

Nago, Goya, and Pineapple

The kids at school today were very excited, however, from their lethargy in chapel you wouldn't have guessed that. In the classroom, however, there was great excitement from all the kids. Today, in the afternoon, the students of summer school were going to Comprehensive Park to play at their water slides and pool. My class was a little confused about why I wasn't coming along with them, but I think they understood.

In class today, I learned that many of my girls attend a discipleship study with Mrs. Cruzado in the mornings before school. That means that these kids truly do have the desire to grow in love and knowledge of Jesus. Today, we saw some papaya growing on a tree near the school. We all started singing "the papaya song" and then it turned into "It is the Cry of My Heart." It was a blessing to hear the kids excited about singing their praises to God.

We had to read about Pandora's Box today in our curriculum. I was amazed at how the kids were able to see the parallels between the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve. We had a very good spiritual discussion and found ourselves praying for the strength needed to do what is right in God's eyes. I am blessed to work with these kids.

In the midst of this excitement they concluded their demonstration speeches. I have eaten more Ritz Crackers this week than I think I have all year long! It was fun though.

Aidy and Max brought me a serving of the Octopus you see me holding in an earlier post. Now I can officially say that I have eaten octopus as well!

After that "lunch" or snack as Max called it, Alyssa Goodwin and Lynda Quam took me up to Nago for the afternoon. We had a late lunch at Pizza in the Sky.
God was good to clear off some rain right when we got there. It clouded over and rained again after we headded home, but we had nice weather in Nago. It is always interesting to try to eat pizza with chopsticks!

After lunch we found the Goya Park. We walked around and looked at the many different vegetables, bought and tried some Goya Ice Cream, and received a free Goya Gift Package!

I tried to cash in some more coupons at "Fruits Land" and "Pineaple Park" as well, but since we didn't pay admission we couldn't collect our free gift. Oh well.
At Pineapple Park we had more samples of treats and goodies than I think I've had anywhere else. I even tried the pineapple and can safely say that it was very tasty! I liked it!! I also liked the cookies and chocolates and chips . . . 8 )

I was exhausted after my late night and actually slept through most of the drive home.

Once home, I set about baking some homemade oatmeal bread for Pastor Joslin and the Cruzados. I had made some as a thank you gift earlier and Aidy actually requested that I make some more. That's the least I can do after all they have done for me.

So, now, once my bread is out of the oven, I will be going to bed!

No comments: