Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I did it! I found a way to log in again! - - I forgot the horrid formatting of this site. I have used paragraphs and punctuation better, but this site gets rid of it all. Sorry.

For those of you following my progress in my "trip" this summer, here is my current update for you.

#1 - I have two days of school left this school year (not counting today - Wednesday)- one with students one as a teacher workday.

#2 - Tomorrow after the school day is over, I will be driving to Brainerd to pick up my nephews and then returning to Silver Bay so they can have "camp Amy" before I go.

#3 - Sunday, after church, I believe that Janice Skillman and her mother are coming to stay at my house for the night. I haven't been able to reach Janice in a week to confirm, but that was the most recent plan. Hoping that I can enjoy my visit with them and that my nephews can still enjoy their time as well.

#4 - Monday, June 13th, all of us will leave my house mid morning. I will have to make up a chore chart and have the boys help me get my house in trip ready condition. They don't usually have to "work" at "Camp Amy", but I know they are capable, so I may employ their help in this case. I will take the boys up to Fargo (a 6 hour drive) so they can get to baseball practice that evening, and then I will try to get to Fergus Falls in time to get my car "tuned up" so that Lisa (a friend/missionary on furlough from Okinawa) can use my car while she is in MN.

#5 - Tuesday, June 14th, I will pick up Lisa at the bus depot in Fergus Falls (HA! Olson's Oil gas station) and we will start the drive up to Winnipeg Canada.

#6 - Wednesday, June 15th, I fly out from Winnipeg at 6:50 AM. Lisa will then take ownership of my car for the next 4 weeks and I will catch a shuttle to the airport. That afternoon, I will have a several hour layover in Vancouver, Canada, and then that evening I will fly to Shanghai China.

#7 - Thursday, June 16th, I will hopefully be landing in Shanghai, China at around 4:35 PM - that is 2:35 AM for Central Time Zone people. I have already arranged to meet the hotel shuttle at 6:30 PM, so I'm hoping to clear security and customs in time to reach it with ease. However, I'd like to not have to sit and wait for a long time after my two day journey. Please pray that they don't hassle me over not having a visa to enter China. Also pray that the shuttle is easy to find and that I don't have to wait too long. I have spent time this week trying to get all of this arranged, but it will be a relief to make it (with all my luggage).

#8 - Friday, June 17th, I will catch the last leg of my flight and journey from Shanghai to Okinawa, Japan. I believe my friend, Ruth Jerome, is going to be picking me up from the airport in Okinawa, but by the time I am "home" I think I'll just be happy to be there!

Stay tuned as I will update you on prayer requests and daily happenings. I covet your prayers and will do my best to keep everyone posted.

No comments: