Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Early Morning, Thursday, June 19

Today is the day! It is the big production of our summer school program. We have been studying lines, learning songs, memorizing Bible Verses, "dancing" . . . You name it we have been working on it. In about 7 hours all of it will be over. I pray it all goes well.

Rehearsal yesterday left a lot to be desired, but that is the way dress rehearsals go, right? It was pure chaos and I think my blood pressure was probably elevated. I slept well though, so we'll give it a go again today. On a positive note, there is so much excitement among the kids about this. One little boy is BEGGING to rehearse more and more and more and more....every time I see him I have to ask him to go sit down (and he is in 4th grade.) They are all coming around - - even middle school! I have 4 BIG middle school boys who wanted to be in a choreography section. I thought that was neat. The kids love the songs, and the teachers have all commented how WE all wake up in the morning singing the songs. If nothing else, we all have those songs (which are scripture verses put to song) hidden in our hearts. That is success.

Um, let's see. Some of you know that I missed all day Tuesday here because I was home with that cold. I slept the day away and I do feel better now. I praise God for that.

On top of the program today is my last day on island. I fly out tomorrow, so I am trying to pack all of the last minute errands in. Some things just aren't going to get done. There is NOT enough time. The biggies on my list (and yes, most of them are food related) - I ate at Royal (several times), I had a `donut dog` and `donut fish`, I have walked around the neighborhood, I have been snorkeling, I have been to the beach, I bought out the 100 yen stores, I ate at Ghenkis Khan, I had Ube ice cream (sweet potato - blue), I saw a lot of former students . . . . I have tried to hit everything.

I don't know that I will be able to post pictures or update you on the performance until I get home (in early August.) I fly straight from Okinawa to Oklahoma to stay with some more friends/family from Okinawa. I know my day is completely packed from here on out, but I did burn a CD last night with some more pictures for you. Maybe I can find some time in between set - up today to share some with you.

Thank you all for your interest and your prayers as I was over here. This whole summer has been a blessing.

No comments: