Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday, June 25th

This has been a very busy day, but successful I think. School went SO MUCH better today. The boys were very well behaved and eager to comply. They listened about 90% better than yesterday and I only had to talk to ONE student about using Japanese in the classroom. One young man still had a hard time sitting correctly in his desk and we had a little screaming episode (and yes, it was 4th grade BOYS screaming for fun - no girls), but it all in all I feel the day was a success. I also feel that chapel was a success. I hope the Spiritual Truths, which at this point were a little weak (I admit that), but we are setting the stage for things to come, still came through and that someone was touched by what we did today. The teachers acted out AND SANG a skit for the kids. It was amazing! I was proud of them and I know the kids loved it. After school, I worked with some of my students during lunch to prepare for tomorrow's chapel. Then, after all my grading was done, I grabbed a bike and took off to explore the Yomitan Pottery Village. Upon returning home I took Lisa Coscia, the gal who talked me into doing the Great Wall Marathon this past spring, and a new missionary, Ruth Jerome, on a training run that I found this past weekend. We apparently went over 7 miles and returned rather sweaty. Now, I have spent the past hour trying to upload even one picture and I give up. This may be a picture-less summer, unless I can figure something else out. Now. . . off to bed. I am co-administrating tommorow, leading devotions, teaching my class, and leading chapel. I think it shall be a rather full day! Oh, and I have lunch duty too!

No comments: